Hotel Murano is full with Madrona Attendees
Hotel Wait List and Help
Call 1-253-591-4123 for help or be placed on the WAIT LIST for a room. Kelsie and Adrienne handle this line and the wait list. They will return your call if you leave a message. Be sure to speak slowly, give your name clearly and leave the best phone number to reach you. There are some rooms left for only one or two nights but not for the entire retreat dates. Cancellations often come in during January.
Holiday Inn Express: 253-272-2434 New and only 2 blocks from the Murano – had Kings available.
Silver Cloud: 253-539-1300 They have a shuttle bus to the Murano
Candlewood Inn and Suites: 253-584-0868 Ten minutes from the Murano
Hampton Inn: 253-539-2288
La Quinta Inn and Suites: 253-383-0146
These following hotels are closest to the Murano but have limited space due to the school competitions that take place the same time as Madrona. They are likely to have space in January as school teams relinquish their blocks. You will need to keep checking in regularly about availability.
Holiday Inn Express: 253-272-2434
Courtyard by Marriott at the Convention Center: 253-591-9100
Best Western Tacoma Dome Hotel: 253-272-7737
Hotel Murano Special Rates for Madrona Winter Retreat Attendees
- You are responsible for making your own hotel reservation. We recommend that you do not wait to make your reservation as they go quickly.
- We have blocked the Hotel Murano for Madrona attendees this year. The special rates listed below are guaranteed until January 27, 2014 or until the Madrona rooms are sold out. See below for description of rooms, special rates and other information
- If you wish to come a few days before the Winter Retreat or stay later these rates will apply to dates from February 10-19, 2014
- Free internet access is included in the room rate for all Madrona guests.
- Hotel Murano is non-smoking.
- Special rooms for disabled guests are available by request.
- Other special requests may be made during the online reservation process prior to submitting your reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation of your online reservation by return email.
The following special rates at the Hotel Murano are for single occupancy. There is a $10 charge for each additional guest in a room. Free internet access is included in your room rate.
- Double Deluxe (2 double beds): $142 plus tax
- King Deluxe (1 king bed): $142 plus tax
- Double Patron (Secure floor, 2 double beds, continental breakfast): $172 plus tax
- King Patron (Secure floor, 1 king bed, continental breakfast): $172 plus tax
- King Junior Suite (large room, 1 king bed, sitting area): $202 plus tax
- King Superior Suite ( 2 rooms, 1 king, 1 sofa sleeper, 2 baths): 319 plus tax
We have learned that there will be school competition events at the Tacoma Dome and Tacoma Convention Center again this year on the Madrona weekend. So there will likely be a big demand on hotel rooms in the area. We will post a list of alternative hotels when the Hotel Murano is full.
Obtaining a roommate: We recommend that if you want to find a roommate that you should check on Ravelry in the Madrona Fiber Arts group.